Sunday, May 11, 2008

Not many miles this last week

Well, did a big 3 miles for the week. Boooooooo. That was all on Monday.

Tuesday, may dad went into the hospital with bigtime infection in one of his legs. The doctors werent too optimistic the first night in the emergency room. He is responding well to the antibiotics and will probably be in the hospital for several more days, or, as the infection doctor said, until the smell goes away. I am happy to be here to help my sister prepare his house for his return. We are guessing that he will be on oxygen 24/7. If he is compliant, he should be okay for another 10,000 miles at least.

I feel like the luckiest kid in the world, especially on this mother's day. My girls have sacrificed a mothers day with their kids, and it is Dawn's first mother's day with her Drew Man. Also, I get the chance to turn a potentially sad time into a glad time by being able to visit with my dad while he is relatively healthy due to forced healthy living. I doubt he will be as healthy living on his own, or as compliant with care as he is now.

Enough gloom and doom.

Week 1: 14 miles
Week 2: 9 1/2 miles
Week 2: 3 miles (so embarassed, but I spent my time finishing many projects that needed to be done so I could come to Florida for the week.)

No comments: